Granite State Games

Why?

  1. GSG’s mission is to promote competitive excellence by providing an athletic forum for athletes to display their talent, ability to work as a team, and their ambition to become a champion. We are looking for athletes that have proven their abilities to excel on and off the field. We place a premium on character, self-esteem and confidence by stressing the values of teamwork and sportsmanship. The Granite State Games are breaking down high school rivalry barriers and creating life long friendships.

  2. GSG is working very closely with the NHIAA and their bi-laws in order to preserve player’s high school eligibility.

  3. The Granite State Games are not a club so your child can still participate in his/her school, town, and/or club team(s). This event will only take place over the course of a long weekend so the commitment is minimal.

  4. GSG’s fees to participate are a fraction of what it costs to play on a club or premier team.

  5. New England college coaches will be in attendance scouting NH’s top talent in their respected sport.

  6. The Granite State Games are local, you don’t need to travel out of state for great competition and college level exposure.

  7. GSG will donate 70% of the proceeds back into the NH community via scholarships, donations and grants while the other 30% will help pay for the overhead and creation of the Games.

  8. GSG has $4000 set aside, $1000 per region ($500 for a male and $500 for a female), for selected participants based on their athletic ability, academics, and overall character both on the field and off.

  9. Regional pride!

What 
  • The Granite State Games are an annual event, taking place at the end of June in different locations across the state of New Hampshire.

  • The Granite State Games are a multi-sport, Olympic-style event featuring select amateur athletes in the state of New Hampshire. Following the Olympic pattern, there is an Opening Ceremony with teams then playing each region once in a round-robin tournament and then the medal rounds.

Who
  • Coaches - 2021

    • Lakes Region:

      • Tammy Lambrou – Merrimack HS

    • Southern Region

      • Becky Balfour – Hollis Brookline HS

    • Coastal Region

      • Mac Barron – Bedford HS

    • Monadnock Region

      • Megan McFarland – Hanover HS

      • Kevin McFarland – Hanover HS

  • Athletes

    • Athlete must be entering 7th grade in the fall up to graduating seniors

    • Athlete must be under the age of 19 as of July 1

    • Athlete must also meet at least one of the following criteria:

      • Athlete is a full-time resident of New Hampshire

      • Athlete is a full-time student at a recognized academic institution in the region

When
  • June 17-19, 2021

Where 
  • Westwood YMCA, Nashua